On Saturday, August 26th, 2023, SOFSA and community partner, Chellsea Jones of Sweet Venus Farm collaborated to host SOFSA’s first Urban Garden Tour. The Garden Tour took inspiration from neighborhood garden tours taking place in Syracuse and regionally, and past garden tours organized by Syracuse Grows. The tour highlighted the resourceful and inspirational home and community gardens throughout our city. Residents proudly showed off their DIY methods for growing and preserving food. Check out some of the photos from the tour, and stay tuned for the upcoming launch of SOFSA’s Urban Agriculture working group.
- Recapping the SOFSA Urban Garden Tour
- Recapping the New York State Food Policy Council Summit
- In the news: “CNY Regional Market pulls back the curtain to show deteriorating infrastructure.”
- In the news: “Onondaga Grown campaign kicks off 9th year of promoting local farms”
- Request for Proposals: Strategic Planning