As part of SOFSA’s Featured Speaker Series, Angie Ferguson spoke to the membership at our October 2020 General Meeting. In her talk, she discussed the work that Onondaga Nation is doing to preserve and enhance food sovereignty. Angie is a leader in the Onondaga Nation Farm Crew. Angie also works with “Braiding the Sacred”, a growing network of indigenous corn keepers that help Indigenous Nations recover and reunite with their communities sacred seeds and traditional food sources. View the recording of her presentation below.
- FoodPlanCNY Launch Event: Filling Up Our Table
- In the news: “‘FoodPlan CNY’ Aims To Connect And Strengthen Food System Stakeholders”
- Press Release: Celebration of FoodPlanCNY Launch
- In the news: “Central New York project asks kids ‘What does nutrition security mean to you?’ “
- Memorial Tree Planting 2021: Memories Old and New