As part of SOFSA’s Featured Speaker Series, Angie Ferguson spoke to the membership at our October 2020 General Meeting. In her talk, she discussed the work that Onondaga Nation is doing to preserve and enhance food sovereignty. Angie is a leader in the Onondaga Nation Farm Crew. Angie also works with “Braiding the Sacred”, a growing network of indigenous corn keepers that help Indigenous Nations recover and reunite with their communities sacred seeds and traditional food sources. View the recording of her presentation below.
- Remembrance: Evan Weissman
- In the news: “Graduate Student Works With Food Policy Council to Combat Rising Food Scarcity Due to COVID”
- Food Policy Coffee Hour with Senator Rachel May and Assemblywoman Pamela J. Hunter
- In the news: “Lender Center Fellows Following Weissman’s Vision for Food Justice”
- Larkin Podsiedlik & Jessi Lyons: “Brady Market”